VERMICELLI PUDDING (SEVIYA KHEER)
2 cups Badam
1cup Seviya (Vermicelli) broken into 4 cm bits
5 cups milk
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup almonds (sliced)
1/4 cup unsalted blanched pistachio, silvered
1/2 tbsp rose water
Silver or gold papper (varak)
Preparation of semiya:
- Heat the ghee in a heavy bottomed non-stick pan over medium heat
and add seviya and fry till golden brown, stirring constantly.
- Pour the milk, sugar, almonds, pistachio and stirring constantly
bring to boil.
- Cook for about 20 minutes or until the milk is slightly
- Cool to room temperature, add rose water and chill thoroughly.
- Stir well and serve the vermicelli pudding in individual bowls
with a piece of silver or gold paper (varak).
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...