KHOYA PEDA RECIPE
1 cup Maida
1 pinch Turmeric Powder
1 pinch Salt
2 tsp Ghee
Water enough to make dough
6 tbsp Oil
Oil / Ghee for frying
1 1/2 cup Jaggery
1 1/4 cup Bengal Gram Dal
1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
- Blend the ghee and masala with the maida. Using water make a soft
- Leave under a wet cloth for 40-50 minutes. Knead again.
- Put in the 6 tbsps oil and knead till completely absorbed. Cover
and leave aside for 4 hours.
- Put the dal in the cooker till one whistle. Drain the water.
- Grind to a paste and with the jaggery and cardamom powder. The
filling should not be watery.
- Make small balls of the filling. Divide the dough into small
balls and flatten them.
- Place one ball of filling on the dough and cover and seal up the
- Carefully roll out the dough into thick puris making sure the
filling does not come out.
- Fry on a tawa pouring ghee around it. Cook on both sides. Puran
Poli is ready to be served.