Dal Nawabi Recipe
Here's a yummy, spicy dal recipe with rajma. Learn how to make dal nawabi.
1 cup split black gram lentil (urad dhuli dal)
1/2 cup Bengal gram (chana dal)
1/2 cup red kidney beans (rajma)
1 piece ginger (adrak)
4 onion (pyaj)
7-8 garlic (lahsun) buds
6 tomato (tamatar)
some tamarind (imli)
2 green chilly (hari mirch)
few coriander leaves (dhania patti)
50 gm cottage cheese (paneer)
1/2 cup curd (dahi)
1 cup cream
1/2 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
2 tsp salt (namak)
1/2 tsp red chilly powder (lal mirch)
1/2 tsp black pepper powder (kali mirch)
2 tsp sugar
4 tbsp clarified butter (ghee)
How to make dal nawabi:
- Soak all dals and kidney beans in a container for 6-7 hours.
- Grind ginger, garlic buds and onions.
- Finely chop green chilies and tomatoes.
- Soak tamarind in 1/2 cup water for 1/2 an hour and then strain.
- Boil all dals in a pressure cooker with turmeric and salt until it is cooked properly and then remove it from the flame.
- Heat ghee in a pan and fry cottage cheese and then take them out.
- In the same ghee crackle cumin seeds and fry onion paste until it turns pink.
- Then add tomatoes and cook for few seconds.
- Then add curd and stir continuously.
- Then add salt red chilly powder, black pepper powder, sugar and tamarind and fry for a minute.
- Then add some cream and cook for some more time.
- Lastly ass all boiled dals and cottage cheese pieces and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Then remove it from the flame and garnish with coriander and serve hot.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...