- Contributed by Padmaja Rajesh
1 cup Whole Green Moong Dal
2 tblsp Rice Flour
1" fresh Ginger (peeled)
2-3 Green Chillies
1- 1 1/2 cup Water to grind
Salt for taste
1 medium Onion (finely chopped)
1" Ginger (finely chopped)
2-3 Green Chilies (finely chopped)
2 tblsp Cumin Seeds
2-3 tblsp Oil
- Soak moong dal overnight (atleast 8-10 hrs)
- Wash and grind dal along with ginger and green chillies into
smooth batter.( not too thick/thin. Shift the batter into bowl and
add rice flour and salt.
- Keep the frying pan or non stick pan on medium heat and grease it
with little oil.
- Pour a ladle of batter on it and spread it into a thin round
layer like a pan cake and drizzle little oil around the edges of
- Sprinkle small quantity of chopped onions, cummin seeds and green
chilies on the Pesarattu.
- Cook until the edges become brown. Then flip the Pesarattu over
and sprinkle little oil over the edges.
- Cook it for a minute , keeping a watch that it does not get
- Remove from the pan, and your Pesarattu is ready for eating.
- Sprinkle a little water on the pan and use the same proceedure
for making your next Pesarattu.
- Serve it hot with upma and ginger chutney.
- Donot ferment the batter. If your not making dosas immediately
refrigerate the batter.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...