MUSHROOM MAGIC RECIPE
- Contributed by Shanti Mani
200 gms Fresh Mushrooms cut into quarters
1 1/2 inch ginger chopped very fine
4-5 cloves of garlic chopped finely
1 tbsp oil
1/4 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
1/4 tsp red chilli powder
Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan and add jeera to it.
- When it starts spluttering add the chopped ginger - garlic and
stir over high heat for 5 secs.
- To this add the mushroom quarters and red chilli powder and salt
and stir over high heat rapidly for 3 - 4 mins.
- When the water given out by the mushrooms evaporate,off gas and
empty it into a bowl immediately so that the heat from kadai doesnt
overcook the mushrooms and make it soggy.
- Serve hot as a snack or as an accompaniment with omlettes.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...