DATE CHUTNEY RECIPE
1/2 kilo Dates (Khajoor)
2 teaspoon fresh Ginger (Adrak), cut into thin long strips
4 teaspoons Salt (Namak) (level)
1 cup Sugar (Cheeni)
6 teaspoons Raisins (Kishmish)
1 1/2 cups or 2 cups Vinegar (Sirka)
1/4 cup blanched Almonds (Badam)
2 Cloves (Lavang)
2 big Cardamoms (Elaichi Moti)
1/4 teaspoon ground Cinnamon (Dalchini)
1/4 teaspoon Red chili pepper (Lal Mirchi)
How to make date chutney:
- Stone the dates and cut them in halves.
- Put dates, ginger, ground spices, salt, chilli powder and vinegar in a pan and cook till dates are tender.
- Now add sugar and cook until the mixture thickens.
- Remove from the fire, add raisins, almonds slit into halves and stir well.
- While the chutney is hot pour into clean jars and cork tightly.
- Serve after 4 days.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...