PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE RECIPE
With Strawberry Sauce
1 tin Pineapple
200gms Maida (Flour)
180 gms Sugar
120 ml refined oil
1 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
15 - 20 Fresh Strawberries
4 tblsp Sugar
1/4 tsp Cinnamon Powder
1 tblsp Strawberry Jam
How to make pineapple upside down cake:
- Chop the strawberries into tiny pieces.
- Heat 1 cup of water and add the chopped strawberries.
- Cook till the sugar gets dissolved and strawberries are soft.
- Add the cinnamon and stir.
- Cook on a low flame for a minute and then add the jam.
- Mix gently and cook for another minute and remove from flame.
- Beat the eggs till fluffy.
- Add the sugar and the oil and continue to beat with a hand
blender or in a mixer till the mixture is smooth and the sugar has
- More smooth the batter more soft the cake will be.
- Mix the baking powder in the maida and mix the sugar, oil and egg
mixture slowly into the maida, taking care that no lumps form.
- Upside Down Cake:
- Grease a circular cake tin and lay out the pineapple pieces on
the bottom of the tin.
- Pour the prepared batter gently on the the pieces and bake it in
a preheated oven at 180C or till cake is done.
- To check if the cake is ready insert a tooth pick in the center
of the cake if it comes out clean without any mixture coating, the
cake is ready.
- Allow the cake to cool in the oven for 15 miutes.
- When the cake gets coool , invert the cake on a serving dish with
the pineapple sides on the top.
- Top it with the strawberry sauce.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...