KOZHI THENGAI KOZHAMBU RECIPE
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
8 tblsp groundnut oil
salt to taste
2 star anise
10 -12 curry leaves
2 bay leaf
1 cup Coconut grated
25 Sambar Onions
12 cloves Garlic
10 Green Chillies
2 Red Chillies Whole
2 tblsp Coriander Seeds
How to make kozhi thengai kozhambu :
- Clean and cut the chicken with the bones into medium size pieces (approximately 20-24 pieces).
- Rub in the turmeric powder and little salt.
- Take off sambar onion, wash and cut the green chillies.
- Heat up 2 tblsp of oil and fry the masala ingredients till light brown.
- Cool and grind to a smooth paste with little water.
- Heat up the remaining oil in a vessel, mix in the star anise and bay leaves and fry.
- Wash and mix in the curry leaves and the marinated chicken.
- Stir fry on high flame heat up to seal the surface of the meat.
- Mix in the masala paste and mix thoroughly.
- Pour out 11/2 cup of water and simmer (boil slowly at low temperature) till the chicken is almost cooked.
- Sprinkle salt to taste, stir well and simmer (boil slowly at low temperature) till it thickens to the required consistency.