4 medium potatoes (cubed)
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 1/4 cup green gram split, (moong dal) roasted
250 gms cauliflower florets250 gms.
6 cup water (approx)
salt to taste
6 green chillies
1 1/4 cup rice1 1/4 cups
2 tsp cumin powder
1/2 cup peas
For The Seasoning
4 tblsp Ghee
2 Bay Leaves
3 Red Chillies Whole
4 Green Cardamoms
2 Cinnamon 1 inch pieces
How to make khichuri :
- Roast moong dal, cut cauliflower florets and slit green chillies.
- Make a paste of turmeric powder, cumin powder and red chilli powder.
- Wash rice and drain.
- Take sufficient water in a big size pot and stir fry dal and rice in it.
- When the rice is half done mix in masala paste, green chillies and vegetables, simmer (boil slowly at low temperature) till they are cooked.
- In the meanwhile dal and rice will also be cooked.
- Make a flavor by heating ghee mix in red chillies, bay leaves, garam masala and stir fry for a minute.
- Stir in the flavor mixture into cooked khichuri.
- Serve hot with pure ghee on top.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...