CHINGRI MACHER KOFTA RECIPE
2 big size onions (finely chopped)
salt to taste
500 gms prawns (small)
2 tblsp breadcrumbs
2 tsp mustard oil
4 green chillies (finely chopped)
2 tblsp ghee
2 bay leaves
1/2 cup coconut
1 tblsp coriander leaves chopped
Grind To A Paste
1 large Onion
2 " Turmeric
1 " Ginger
How to make chingri macher kofta :
- Shell, de-vein and wash the prawns.
- Then boil them.
- When cooked, grind to make a smooth paste.
- Mix in the salt, onions, green chillies and cut coriander leaves.
- When the mixture is well blended, form into 12 balls, dip in beaten egg and roll in bredcrumbs.
- Fry in hot mustard oil.
- Keep aside.
- Extract milk from the coconut.
- Grind the big size onion, garam masala, turmeric, ginger to a fine paste for the gravy.
- Heat up oil in a saucepan.
- When it smokes, fry the bay leaves and ground masala for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring all the time and adding a little water to keep the spices from scorching.
- Gradually stir in the coconut milk extract and a little salt.
- Mix in the koftas and allow the curry to simmer (boil slowly at low temperature) for about 10 minutes, till the gravy becomes rich and thick.
- Pour out pure ghee on top just before serving.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...