PESARAPAPPU PAYASAM RECIPE
A very simple recipe of making payasam (which means kheer or a sweet dish) of moong dal which is sweetened by jaggery.
1 tblsp ghee
1 c dhuli moong dal
1 c jaggery, crushed
2 tsp elaichi powder
How to make pesarapappu payasam:
- First wash the moong dal and keep aside.
- In a deep, thick dish, heat ghee and roast the moong dal till you can smell a good flavor.
- Now add the jaggery and let it melt.
- Mix well and fry till the dal is done and it looks like a smooth mixture.
- Now add the elaichi powder and mix well.
- Take off the heat, garnish with grated coconut and serve hot.