ARATIKAAYA MASALA PULUSU RECIPE
A traditional south Indian raw banana dish recipe fried along with spices and tamarind paste.
3-4 tblsp vegetable oil
5 raw bananas, peeled and cut in 4 pieces each.
One stem curry leaves
1/2 tsp mustard seeds (rai dana)
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
2 tblsp Tamarind pulp
5 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 inch piece ginger, chopped
1 tsp rice
Salt to taste
How to make aratikaaya masala pulusu:
- First make a paste of ginger, garlic, rice with a little water and keep it aside
- Now boil the raw bananas covered till they are soft and keep aside.
- Heat a wok now and add the oil to it.
- In it add the mustard seeds and curry leaves and let them splutter.
- Now add the ginger-garlic-rice paste into it and add all the ground spices.
- Fry for a minute and add the tamarind paste to it.
- Mix the tamarind paste well and add 2 cups of water.
- Now add the banana pieces and let cook for two minutes or till the gravy thickens.
- Serve hot sprinkled with coriander leaves.